New Jersey Homeowners’ Guide to Going Solar
Are you thinking about going solar? Imagine your home cool in the summer, cozy in the winter and bright lights all year long without the outrageous electricity bills. More New Jersey homeowners, now than ever are turning to solar sources to generate sustainable energy for their home.
American Home Contractors proudly installs the the GAF DecoTech® Roof-Integrated Solar System. This low-profile solar system is sleek, attractive, and affordable, and is designed to provide a low-profile alternative to typical rack-mounted solar panels. The panels are installed directly to the roof with a proprietary frame that GAF developed, skipping conventional metal racks that keep panels elevated above the roof surface and require installers to drive fasteners through roofing shingles. Its unique fastening mechanism and flashed perimeter maintain the integrity of the roof and help protect against moisture and leaks.
Learn about the benefits of a solar roof and how it can benefit your home and family by using this homeowners’ guide.
Solar Roofing Reinvented
The GAF DecoTech Solar System maintains the integrity of your roof, as it integrates right into your roof instead of sitting on top of it. One of the biggest ways the DecoTech Solar System stands apart from conventional systems is its high-performance and sleek, low-profile design. The Deco Black gloss finish blends beautifully with your existing roof.
Here is why we prefer DecoTech to others solar panels systems:
- Beautiful – The sleek low profile back panels blend into your roof and conceals any wires, metal frame, and waterproofing elements.
- Affordable – It is competitively priced against other rack-mounted solar systems.
- Protects – It features a perimeter protection system that reduces the risk of water leaks.
- Reduces Infestation Risk – It reduces the potential for debris or animals to get in under your system.
- Peace of Mind – It comes with a 25-year limited warranty coverage for leaks and solar performance.
What are the Benefits of Going Solar?
There are many reasons why going solar makes sense. Energy costs are constantly on the rise, and rather than being at the mercy of things that are outside of your control, solar allows you to take matters into your own hands and ensure that your home can be powered by the natural energy that comes from the sun.
Some of the benefits of choosing solar panels include:
- Financial Savings – A homeowner in New Jersey can save an estimated 25-year savings of $25,288 with GAF Solar Energy.*
- Combat Rising Energy Costs – The cost of energy keeps rising and it shows no signs of slowing. According to the Energy Information Administration (EIA), US residential electricity increased by about 15%.
- Increased Home Value – When you go to sell your home, solar panels are a large selling point and will increase the resale value.
- Tax Credits and Incentives – The 30% federal government tax credit, as well as state government and local utility company incentives can help homeowners pay off your solar investment in just a few years. Now is the time to maximize its value before the tax credit decreases.
- Security – Energy rates fluctuate regularly, but the costs of solar usually stays the same each month, meaning you know exactly what to expect each month.
- Environmental Effects – Solar is a clean, efficient, and sustainable form of energy, which will lower your carbon footprint.
*Actual electricity bill savings will depend on your family energy usage, region, utility company, effects of tiered pricing, electricity pricing regulations, and various other factors. Consult us for more details.
New Jersey’s Homeowners Guide to Solar Savings
Many homeowners are frustrated with the rising costs of electricity and are considering investing in a solar energy. GAF has provided this informational booklet specifically for New Jersey homeowners. It provides valuable information on the GAF DecoTech Solar System and has a “One-minute” math calculator to estimate your net investment.
Sleek Design – See the Difference
Designed with every goal in mind.
Typical rack-mounted solar systems are often clunky and unattractive, with panels elevated on racks above your shingles. But the GAF DecoTech Solar panels were designed with every homeowner’s concerns in mind: Curb Appeal, Technology and Performance.
- Low Profile Design — Say goodby to hindered curb appeal. Designed in a black gloss finish, GAF’s DecoTech Solar panels blend beautifully with your existing roof, unlike conventional systems in blue or silver. Using an integrated, interlocking system, the full-sized solar panels fasten directly to the roof deck.
- Integrated Technology — Get the best performance from GAF’s best-in-class, high-output DecoTech Solar panels. Designed with overlapping seams to channel water, the system not only is completely water-shedding but delivers excellent power yield. Although energy savings depend on individual usage, location and other variables, these modules produce the same amount of electricity as any typical rack-mounted system.
- Built to Endure — Protect your roof’s integrity with GAF’s DecoTech Solar System too. The expertly crafted metal flashing frame provides a unique feature to protect against unwanted intrusion from water or pests. You can have peace of mind that your solar panels are strong and stable, giving you worry-free performance for years to come.
New Jersey Energy Savings
What You Can Save
New Jersey is one of the best states in the U.S. for solar power. It has a renewable program which requires utility companies to produce nearly 15 percent from renewable resources. The New Jersey Solar Renewable Energy Certificate (SREC) program tracks the solar requirements and is the system where homeowners sell back energy. The bottom line of clean, solar energy is found in the savings you see over time. Typically, an estimated 25-year system has the production of 107,759 kWh2 and will produce an estimated savings of $25,2882 over that same 25 year period. In as little as 9 years, GAF Energy solar can pay for itself.
How It Works
- GAF DecoTech system uses high-performance photovoltaic panels to collect solar energy
- The solar energy enables you to produce your own electricity at a lower cost than your utility company.
- The more energy produced, the less you purchase.
- Send back energy to the grid in exchange for credits to your bill.
Why Choose Solar
- Reduce your environmental impact
- Depend less on your utility company
- Gain control over the rising energy costs
- Pay for your solar overtime with energy savings
- Improve the value of your home
- Earn money back on your investment
Get the Full Benefits of Federal Tax Credits
The Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC) is one of the most important federal benefits available that supports the growth of solar energy in the United States. Since the ITC was enacted, the solar industry has grown by more than 10,000% for both residential and commercial. Technology has increased with this growth and homeowners are benefiting from the lower costs and efficiency with solar roofing. Going solar present
GAF’s Built-in Protection Warranty
When DecoTech Solar Roofing is integrated into a qualifying GAF roof system installed by a GAF Master Elite roofing contractor, you qualify for the Golden Pledge Limited Warranty and DecoTech Addendum. This is the best warranty available that covers both the roof and solar system.
- 25-year Workmanship Warranty on the roofing materials
- 25-year Equipment Warranty on the solar panels
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 25-year Equipment Warranty on the power optimizers
- 12-year Equipment Warranty on the inverter
Not only does our DecoTech® Limited Warranty covers any manufacturing defects in the DecoTech®System, but you may also be eligible for the GAF Golden Pledge® Ltd. Warranty and DecoTech® Addendum. These additional warranties cover both the DecoTech® System and your roofing system.
Coverage in these additional warranties include:
- Solar Panels Equipment Warranty (25 years)
- Wind and Blow Off Damage (10 years)
- Solar Power Generation (25 years)
What is NOT covered:
- Installation in a corrosive environment
- Power Surges
- Unapproved Installation
- Color variations in shading of panels
- Damage from improper wiring or electrical
Have confidence in repairs and replacements
We also facilitate repair or replacement of other equipment included in your solar installation, such as the power electronics. Enjoy peace of mind with one industry-leading company standing behind your project.
GAF Solar Elite Contractor
American Home Contractors is proud to be certified as a GAF Solar Elite Contractor as well as a GAF Master Elite Roofing Contractor, one of only a small handful in the nation. Because of the stringent GAF standards, less than 2% of all roofing contractors have qualified as a Master Elite Contractor. As a GAF Solar Elite Contractor, we are not only trained solar contractors but also factory-certified roofing contractors. This means that we are experts in both roof and solar installation, and we are committed to professionally installing your solar system while providing you with exceptional service and communication throughout the project.
Get Solar For Your Home
Costs associated with solar have dropped dramatically in recent years, and financial incentives abound with federal, state and utility credits and rebates. Solar has never been more affordable than it is today.
The GAF DecoTech Solar System was designed by roofing experts, for roofing experts, to provide homeowners a beautiful, high-performance solar roof. American Home Contractors offers understanding and experience in renewable solar energy for the New Jersey area. For peace of mind, a GAF Solar Roof installation by American Home Contractors makes good sense. Request a quote or contact us at today at 908-771-0123 to see how we can help you go solar today.